MY HAIR SECRET





Hey girls!!! The weather is so gorgeous hope your all making the most of it and also everyone who's fasting hope your doing okay.  Let me start on what you have all been waiting for, since I uploaded the image above I received so many messages asking what I use on my hair and what you guys can do to achieve long healthy hair, so really I couldn't look for a better excuse than to do a blog post on how to make your hair thicker and longer! This is a very long blog post I apologise as long blog posts can become sheepy, SORRY! :(

HEALTHY DIET Some good advice is to follow a healthy diet, I rarely drink fizzy drink I stick to water also you should aim to eat plenty of proteins, and be sure to take in vitamin B and vitamin C in particular. Don't forget its not just how you treat your hair but what you eat has an affect on hair growth and health.

 HEATED APPLIANCES straightners they are one of the biggest criminals! I rarely use heated appliances on my hair about once every 3-4 months. The heat burns the top layer (cuticle) and after a short time the strand of hair will break off causing hair breakage. Think of your hair as your skin, your skin would eventually become damaged after constant contact with high heat the same applys to your hair. So I'd recommend avoid using heat on your hair but if you really feel the need to use straightners or curlers then don't forget to use hair protecting spray which you can buy from any drugs store. 

HEAD MASSAGES did you know head massage help hair growth? It helps growth circulation, massage once a week using oils (carry on reading to find out which oils to use)

HAIR MASKS hair masks are my favourite! I've posted hair masks on my blog if you click on the little section on the right labelled ''Blog Archive'' and select ''june'' you will come across my hair masks, I use papaya hair mask once every 2 weeks. 

REGULAR TRIMS okay when I say trims I mean like 1inch hair cuts not 3 inches as 3 inches doesn't help hair growth at all it actually slows hair growth. I have my hair cut from 3cm to 1ich every 2-3 months, whenever my hair starts to feel rough on the ends I quickly have a trim. Talking about trims I'd love to know if any of you girls would be interested in regular trims Iam looking into offering cheap trims without the heavy pricetag as Iam a hairdresser aswell as a hairstylist. As we all know booking in with the hairdressers can damage our purse for when you only want a trim. Let me know via facebook inbox or if you have a blogger account you are eligible to comment below.

 APPLY OIL applying oil plays a big part to long healthy hair, let's start off with the oils you need then the process. I highly recommend coconut oil, argan oil and olive oil (my favourites) apply oil massaging it thoroughly into your scalp an hour before washing. 

HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU WASH YOUR HAIR don't wash everyday it is not good for your hair at all, your hair needs time to relax and breath. Too much shampooing can damage your hair cuticle (outer layer). 

AVOID STRESS The rumor that one’s hair falls out from stress is true, so stay casual and cool and try to avoid stress as much as possible!

STAY AWAY FROM SALT AND CHLORINE WATER The hair is softened and then becomes dry again, which causes a steady change that is bad for the hair, especially when combined with the sun! So girls don't forget to wear a swimming cap and a sun hat at the beach!

 NO COLOURING GIRLS Bleaching and dyeing hair kill hair, majority of us girls are obsessed with dying hair its not good girls, so avoid colouring as this slows down hair growth and damages hair.

HAIR EXTENSIONS the thing with hair extensions is that when you clip extensions to your roots there is so much pressure put on the root that it actually causes natural hair to snap and become damage and after a while the hair will become frail.

 PERMING HAIR perming isn't that popular which is a good thing as its really bad for your hair it can lead to hair loss and very dry brittle hair, so no perming girls! 

DOES SHAVING YOUR HAIR HELP HAIR GROWTH? No. Hair grows from the hair root and grows from the inside to the outside. Therefore, it does not matter how often hair is shaved. Hair below the root is “thicker” and is tapered.  This is why shaving cuts off the hair at the thickest point, which leads to a thicker hair growth appearance, is often mistaken for quicker hair growth. On the question on ''how to grow hair faster” cutting it more frequently is not the solution! 

DOES HAVING SPLIT ENDS MEAN MY HAIR GROWS SLOWER? No. Having split ends has usually nothing to do with the rate of you hair growth. Having split ends is however a sign of unhealthy hair or simply just a bad hair cut. You can avoid split ends by getting your hair cut every 2-3 months.

DOES BRUSHING HAIR HELP HAIR GROWTH? Yes. This helps the blood flow to the scalp, that's why I always brush my hair everyday making sure it is free from any knots as they can damage hair. Regular brushing does contribute to healthy, long hair... 

Once your hair begins to grow you’ll need to minimize damage caused by styling tools and products. This means laying off the curlers, straighteners, colourings and perming. Wash your hair, let it air dry NATURALLY and then brush it with a firm, but forgiving hairbrush.  Avoid breaking and damaging your hair at all costs. It’s not just chemicals and treatments that can cause hair damage. Wearing your hair in too tight of a ponytail, or styling it in tight braids can also cause hair to become weakened or even broken. Avoid any style that puts too much pressure on any portion of your hair. I think I've covered everything that helps hair growth and thickness.

If you still have questions feel free to email me hairbyzara@live.co.uk If you follow the above guidelines and tips for ways to grow your hair faster, you should be well on your way to having the long, beautiful hair you’ve always wanted.  A little bit of effort and a lot of patience are key to growing your hair out. Have a lovely evening everyone xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff I'll definitely try it out ! Thanks for your time into this keep the good work up :)

    ReplyDelete